Friday, August 6, 2010

Quilt Along and Bee Blocks

I finally finished my quilt along blocks! It is Week 7 of Amy's Simple Sampler Quilt Along and there is only 1 week left! Here are the 2 blocks for this week:













The HSTs gave me a hard time but I like the way the block turned out. I'll take a picture of all the blocks next week!

This week I also worked on Mary's blocks for the Bee Splendid virtual quilting bee. Mary asked us to make Denyse Schmidt's Drunk Love inspired blocks and sent everyone beautiful fabric selections to complete the blocks. I LOVED making these! So much fun and so relaxing since there are no set rules to making them. Here are my 3 blocks:






If you are interested in making some similar blocks, check out this tutorial to get started!

Happy Quilting!
Sue

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Great blocks! I love the pink/white dot fabric.

Shannon said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that had a hard time with the HST. Your blocks are great.

Post a Comment