And here are all the blocks together:
After I finished these blocks this evening I decided to try Traceyjay's Chubby Star Tutorial that she posted today. These blocks are super cute! I definitely want to make a whole quilt with these blocks but for now I just did one block using some scrap fabric. The tutorial is great and my block turned out pretty good, but don't look to close since a couple of my points didn't line up exactly! Here is it:
I had just enough of the fabric in the center that I could fussy cut to get it centered perfectly. If you are interested in making this block go on over to Traceyjay's blog to check out the tutorial. She has some cute examples for you to see with some great fabric choices.
Also this week I took a machine quilting class! It was a really fun class held at The Quilting Squares Quilt Shop in Franklin, TN. We practiced free motion quilting with and without stencils. I am hoping that this will help me get over my fear of quilting so that I may actually finish a quilt very soon! Maybe by the end of the week. I will post it if I do!
Happy quilting, everyone!
Sue
10 comments:
thanks for telling me about the block! It's so beautiful! I love the way you fussy cut the focal fabric.
great quilt along blocks too...
(PS your email isn't linked to your comments -- so I couldn't reply directly!)
One more PS --
To help get the points to line up perfectly, make your 2 1/4" squares that go on the framing pieces a little more scant (I think the actual measurement is like 2 3/16")
great blocks this week, i love the center of your cross block, cute fabric! Great job on the chubby star too, I will have to try that one day!
Thanks, Tracey & Lindsay! Tracey, I will try to make those pieces more scant. I'll try it this weekend. It sounds like that will make a difference. Oh and thanks for letting me know the email isn't set up. I will figure that out!
The blocks are looking so great! The fabrics just look adorable together!
Your blocks are looking great!
I just love seeing everyone's fabric choices, especially now that we're up to 12 blocks done. This quilt is going to look beautiful!!
Wow, everything looks so great!
I love the colors in your quilt along blocks!
Post a Comment