Usually Mondays are slow to start and are spent remembering all of the fun of the weekend. But today was a different kind of Monday for me. First of all, my husband was off of work so that is wonderful in itself! Then I took the kids to my MOMS Club meeting, where they totally behaved for the entire meeting, and after that we all went to Subway for lunch. This afternoon I finally used the spa gift certificate I got for my birthday and had an amazing 1 hour Swedish massage. It was SO relaxing! Everyone needs to get one of those every once in a while. After my massage I knew the kids would be napping, and probably my husband as well, so I decided to take advantage of my kid free time and I went to a quilt shop that I have never been to before. I visited
The Quilting Squares Quilt Shop in Franklin, Tennessee. I was in heaven! They had lots of designer fabrics that I have only seen online, lots of books, patterns and notions as well. I decided to sign up for a class there in a few weeks and I am really excited about it! I am sure I will be spending lots of time in this cute little shop in the future! After the quilt shop I did a little more shopping and got a great deal on a Hanna Anderson dress for my daughter at a consignment shop. It was brand new with the tag that said it was regular $40 and I got it for $8.50. Score! Now all of this probably sounds so boring and unexciting to most of you but it was an unusual day for me to have so much freedom to do what I wanted to do in peace. It probably won't happen again any time soon so I certainly enjoyed it while I could. I did miss my little ones though and was happy to see their sweet little smiling faces when I got home :)
Another reason today was good is that it is
Week 3 of the Simple Sampler Quilt Along on
Amy's Creative Side! This weeks blocks are super cute and build on the skills demonstrated in the first 4 blocks. I have to say that I am getting better with my accuracy each week. I also love the little tips that Amy includes in the instructions. The are very helpful for a beginner like myself. Can't wait for next weeks blocks! Here are some pictures from this week:
Block 5:

Block 6:

All 6 blocks together:

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July and a Happy Canada Day! Have a great week!
Sue
14 comments:
I totally understand loving a day of peace being exciting! Glad you had some time to yourself! Your blocks are looking great :)
Your fabrics are so bright and cheery! I can't wait to make this weeks blocks. :)
I love the polka dots! Your blocks look amazing!
I'll have to visit that quilt shop next time I am in that area. You have beautiful blocks and I just love your fabric choices.
Your blocks are just so cute! One of my daughters would love, love, love that pink polka dot fabric! Franklin? You must not live too far from me. I'm about an hour away in southern middle TN. What a great consignment shop find!!! Your day sounded pretty darn exciting to me!
Thanks, everyone! Brittany, there is another quilt shop in Franklin called Stitcher's Garden that has a TON of fabric. It was closed yesterday but I peeked in the windows and couldn't believe how many bolts of fabric there were in there! Let me know if you are ever coming this way and I can tell you where they are. Krisvog you are right, we must not be far from each other! I actually live a few minutes south of Franklin in Spring Hill, just off of 65. It's a small world!
Those colors really pop...I love the polka dots!
hugz, Pam
Great blocks!! they are coming together nicely!
Glad you enjoyed "Your" day...It is nice to wander and look, especially in quilt stores!
Your blocks are so nice and colorful, I can hardly wait until I see how they all turn out.
I love your six blocks together! They're going to be a beautiful sampler!
they look so great!
your email settings didn't let me reply directly to your comment -- so I came here. :)
I'm glad we're in Bee Splendid too! Please don't be intimidated... I still think of myself as a newbie! I just learn everything from tutorials! :)
Great blocks! And Sue, next time you come up this way, give me a call and let's see if we can get together! There's also a great fabric store nearby in Lebanon, too, and that's not too far from you via 840....
Your blocks are so cheery and pretty. A Swedish massage sounds very relaxing. Lucky you.
Sue, I'm inbetween Lawrenceburg and Pulaski, so about an hour from you.
Post a Comment