Monday, November 1, 2010

Good Bye October, Hello November!

We had a very fun Halloween this year! The week before was filled up with many Halloween craft play dates and parties. This was the first year the kids were interested in dressing in their costumes and Trick-or-Treating. I did not think I would enjoy it but it was the most fun I have had in a long time. It was so neat to see the kids getting the hang of going to our neighbors doors and saying "Trick-or-Treat!" They ended up with way too much candy and we are trying to think of ways to get rid of it without them noticing. Meanwhile we are eating it ourselves! Here are some pictures from our fun filled Halloween week!











October was my month in the Bee Slendid quilting bee and I chose to do house blocks. I wanted everyone to be creative and make whatever type of house or building they wanted. They could even make trees. This was definitely a stretch for me and a great learning experience. I love a pattern to go by but designing a house and piecing it in a free hand kind of way was a lot of fun and I find myself wanting to make more of these cute little blocks! The other very talented members have made some fantastic blocks and I can't wait to see them all together. Here are my blocks and you can see the other bee member's blocks on Bee Splendid.

This is my interpretation of mid-century modern :)


I thought this Riley Blake plaid looked kind of like bricks so I make an apartment building.


And finally, I was reading the blog of one of my fellow bees, Karrie from Freckled Whimsy and saw that she is challenging others to post on their blog every day in November for NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month! I thought my blog could really use some attention so I am joining in on the challenge and will post every day this month. I just hope I have something interesting enough to share everyday! Click here for more information and to add your blog to the blog roll and you can get a badge for your blog here. Happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment